1st Gen Tacoma High Lift Hood Struts
- The High Lift Hood Strut Kit for 1st Gen (2001-2004) Tacomas uses premium OEM-quality components and is 100% made in USA.
- Eliminates the prop rod and makes your engine compartment free and clear of obstacles.
- One-handed hood opening and closing – the struts lift the hood smoothly to its fully open position, and allow it to close and latch securely without slamming.
- High-Lift capability can raise the hood by up to 6 inches above the stock prop rod height, for better lighting and access to all your engine projects.
- Works perfectly with ditch lights or other height limitations – simply choose the desired height during installation, and the hood will open to that position every time.
- Complete kit includes two enameled gloss black high-lift hood struts, heavy gauge gloss black powder coated brackets, all required installation hardware, and illustrated step-by-step installation instructions. Even a drill bit stopper is included to make drilling safer.
- Easy installation in under 30 minutes.
- 5 year warranty.
- Designed and tested to work with all stock 1st Gen Tacomas.
- Note: Manual transmission models with fender-mounted clutch fluid reservoir will require spacers between the inner fender and the clutch reservoir to provide clearance for the struts. You can make your own spacers, or add our spacer kit to your order.
- Contact us if you have non-stock additions or alterations under the hood along the inner fenders. We’ve worked with customers to accommodate many unusual situations.